Tuesday 27 September 2011

Supplementation

Well, I've finally decided on it. I will be putting Everleigh on supplements as soon as I find the right one for her.
I have been doing a lot of research, reading a lot of first-person experiences and trying to make the best decision from there.
But then it dawned on me...there is a bottle of children's multivitamins sitting on the counter for the boys (since none of them eat particularly well - not horrible but could be better, y'know?) and if something like giving them a MV to help them along isn't even a second thought - why should it be any different for Everleigh? Just because she has Down Syndrome doesn't mean that she has any less need for proper diet. In fact, it's probably even more important - since Ds comes with a whole host of issues like GI problems, hypothyroidism, poor eyesight etc. If I can give her a supplement to somehow help those things along, wouldn't that be a good thing for her?
It sounds like I'm trying to change her but really....when you have low iron what do you take? An iron supplement. Parents are giving their kids DHA and fish oils to help boost brain power. Carrots for eyesight. Green veggies for iron and vitamins.

Right now she's on a sample of MSB+, but as soon as the samples from Nutrivene-D come I'll be switching her to that. It's specially formulated for all the things that people with Ds are "notorious" for lacking in their diets/body systems. Here's hoping it helps her. Because although she's not struggling, wouldn't it be a good idea to give her body the vitamins/minerals/amino acids it may be lacking?

This is my feel-good-mama moment for the day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!