Saturday 1 October 2011

31 for 21

So today is the beginning of 31 for 21 - Down Syndrome Awareness Month.
I had a couple ideas for what to write earlier in the day and now I can't remember what they are.

Down Syndrome is the chromosomal abnormality characterized by an extra copy of the 21st chromosome. Hence the term, Trisomy 21. "Normal" people have two copies...one from mom and one from dad. 1 in 691 babies are born with this syndrome...so I guess that makes me pretty special for being blessed with Everleigh! And while at first I was afraid of the unknown, I'm slowly becoming much more accustomed as I learn all the different things she WILL do. We are more alike than different after all!
I leave you with a video that a mom of twin T21 angel boys made:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!