Thursday 13 October 2011

31 for 21 - Mind Block

I really have nothing new to post about.
Everleigh's reflux hasn't gotten any better really. Sometimes I think "hey she's been pretty good today" and then she hurls all over everything, repeatedly, and I get frustrated and I want to cry. I know it's not her fault. And I know it's not really hurting her, as evidenced by giant smiles from a puke-covered girl, but it really is a very frustrating situation.
I am on the job hunt again. I am NOT happy at Tim Horton's and I dread going in to work every night. An unhappy stressed mama does not make for a happy baby. I have been pointed in the direction of possible waitressing -so it's something to look into anyways. We'll see how that pans out.

November 6, 2011 Everleigh and I will be participating in our first ever Buddy Walk in the Waterloo Region. This is pretty exciting for me as the Halton Region doesn't currently have a Buddy Walk (and I'm not in the position at the moment to be able to organize one right now). I'm really just looking forward to being surrounded by people going through the same life we are. To not be alone for just a little bit. Everyone I've spoken to who has been to one says they are amazing shows of solidarity and support. We are excited.

Well, that's it for now. As always, if you have questions or suggestions for a future topic, feel free to email me at amanda.gilbert17@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. I know you said that Everleigh had a bug is she on an antibiotic? They always mess up Adeline's reflux

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, she isn't. It was a virus from daycare so there wasn't any antibiotic I could give her. But we're still messing around with thickened formula, lactose free etc in hopes something works. I also wonder if there's a Gravol of some sort for infants??

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!