Friday 7 October 2011

31 for 21 - Day 6

Sorry for the impromptu hiatus...our modem bit the big one the other day and it has been two days of phone calls to Bell, insane wait times, being on hold multiple times (I'm pretty sure yesterday alone, Randy spent 3.5 hours on the phone with Bell and in the end the problem hadn't been resolved). Anyways, we're back now.

Yesterday I dropped Everleigh off at daycare as per usual and then had to go to Oakville for a subsidy appointment. Get home around noon (after working the night shift), fall into bed for a few hours. Pick Ev up around 4:30, only to be informed that there is some sort of gastro-intestinal bug going around her infant room...they'd already had to send 3 kids home that day but fingers crossed that Everleigh was alright. She seemed fine last night. So I bring her back today, and she's the only baby! I guess everyone else kept their kiddos home just in case. Seems I should've kept her home as well...since I received a call around 1 today (waking me from a sound sleep by the way) requesting that I go pick up Everleigh. She has been contaminated. Pedialyte, lots of rest and hoping with crossed fingers that she's feeling a little better by tonight so I can go to work. (Don't tell Grandma, but if I end up not having to go in, I won't be complaining! Besides, my child's health comes first).

EDIT:
Everleigh and I ended up going to the ER around 6:30 pm tonight because I was worried about dehydration. They triaged her, registered her and then stuck us in the waiting room with a bottle of pedialyte. Two and a half hours later, and I go up to ask how much longer and I am informed that it will be a couple hours more. Clearly the emerg team wasn't too worried about her so neither was I. We came home, got some new pjs on, had a little bit of pedialyte and went to bed. Once I headed to the hospital, I called in sick to work. Hopefully Evie is feeling better in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!