Thursday 21 November 2013

One Myth, One Truth, One Picture

I've been trying to think of something to write about for a few days now...but seeing as we are coming to the end of the semester, all my free time is taken up with doing homework or doing nothing in an attempt to take a break from school brain. Coming up with a coherent blog post isn't high on that list.

I've seen a blog hop around the Ds community, where you post one myth, one truth, and one picture. since I don't feel like linking up to the hop, I'll just post my three things here.

One Myth
People with Down syndrome are always happy.
HA
Anyone who's ever been around Everleigh can attest to the fact that this is a total myth, plain and simple. Sure, she may be in a better mood more often than some kids, but she is as emotionally diverse as they come. Tantrums are an every day occurance around here, along with sadness, frustration, annoyance, upset, and pretty much any other emotion you can think of.

One Truth
Kids (46 or 47 chromosomes) teach you patience.
Well, this is a truth I'm still in the midst of learning. I had NO patience for anything before Everleigh came along, and the truth is, I still pretty much don't. I want it done now, and if I'm waiting on someone, I'd usually just rather do it myself and get it done. That being said, I have been trying very hard to be more patient with Everleigh (and in general). And while I still don't have a lot of patience for people who are old enough to know better, I am slowly learning that I don't have a choice BUT to be patient with Everleigh. It's hard - her independent streak is becoming more and more apparent - but I'm getting there.

One Picture
....just one? Hmmm...
Cheeeese! (with a mouth full of arrowroot cookie)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!