Monday 10 October 2011

31 for 21 - What I'm Thankful For.

Okay so there are the normals: Family, friends, health, love, a roof over my head, food in my belly, my daughter etc.
But above all else, I am thankful for the people in my life who tell me and encourage me each day to never give up.

There have been many times, especially in the last year, where I just felt like lying down and giving up. But what would that have accomplished? I am stronger than that, I know I am. Sometimes I get tired of standing on my own two feet. And just when it seems to become too much to bear, someone in my life steps up and tells me that "it's okay. Lean on me. We'll get there together". This isn't a post about Down Syndrome today. This is a post about life. Above a lot of things - I am thankful for the life I have been given. For the knowledge that I didn't have a lot of things in my life handed to me - that working for what I wanted has shaped me into the person I am today. That the morals and values handed down from my parents to me are things that I am proud to pass on to my daughter. That I have friends in my life I can go to no matter what. No matter our past circumstances, past fights, words that have been exchanged. They still love me for me (and perhaps because I have such a cutie for a daughter :p)

Because really, nobody can make it in life completely alone. There is always going to be a time when you need someone else's shoulder to lean on, their ears to listen, their hearts to share the burden. And that is what I'm thankful for.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely! And I agree completely - it's all about who is surrounding you in life. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!