Friday 16 May 2014

Where are we now?

It's been a few months, I know. I'm sorry (not that anyone actually reads here anymore).

What's been going on around here?

1. I officially finished my program in April 2014. It feels like it's been both a lot longer than two years and not nearly that long all at the same time. The last 14 weeks of my last semester involved three days of school and two of placement. Graduation is on June 10; and while I am excited to be done, it's also sort of scary to be done...two years of my life are gone, and it's a little frightening to not have that routine anymore.

2. That being said, it is exciting to have been hired on at my placement after it was over! Yes, I was hired...as in an actual paying job in the field I was studying in! It's only part time, and it is not where I want to be long term, but it is a open door into the field. I can only go up from here, and I am SO thankful to the doctors that I work for for giving me a chance.

3. R moved in at the beginning of May. Things are going really well with us. Technically we only started dating on NYE...but we dated for a year or so before I had Everleigh...so it wasn't like starting over with someone new (people always tell me that 5 months is far too fast to have him move in with us). It was more like slipping back into a really comfy pair of pants. Familiar and comfortable.
February 2014
4. Everleigh turned 3! Yes, it has been THREE years since this little ball of light entered my life. Her three year stats were 22.7 lbs (10.3kg) and 2.7 ft tall (82cm). She is still wearing 12-18mo pants...though 24mo is still much too big for her. In shirts she takes 24mo-2t. Shoe size is still a 3. Sometimes a 4 or 5 depending on the shoe.

 5. Everleigh is in the preschool room at her daycare (where she started going when I went back to work when she was 5 months old). Her teachers are J, J, and D. Everleigh gets OT and SLP through our local outpatient program, and she does not (thankfully) qualify for PT at this time, though we still get assessed every few months just to make sure she is not falling behind. She is also potty training and, in my opinion, rocking it!

Well, that's it for this update! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!